See also Bamboo Chinese Poached Salmon
Ingredients For Sole Bercy:
- 6 green onions or 4 shallots*, finely minced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] fresh dill or parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] dry white wine or Vermouth
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] fish stock or clam juice
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds [680 g to 1 kg] sole fillets
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] unsalted or salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] cornstarch
- Tiny boiled potatoes [optional]
- Minced parsley [optional]
Sprinkle finely minced green onions or shallots and minced dill or parsley into a generously buttered 8 x 12-inch [20 x 30-cm] glass or ceramic dish.
Pour in white wine or Vermouth and fish stock or clam juice.
Lightly pepper on side of each sole fillet; roll fillets, pepper inside rolls.
Arrange fish rolls into a microwave-safe dish.
Sprinkle fish rolls with lemon juice and melted butter.
Cover dish with waxed paper.
Microwave fish on ‘MAXIMUM’ for 6 minutes per pound [454 g] of fish, coating fish often with cooking juices while cooking.
Transfer fish rolls onto a hot serving plate; keep warm.
Stir cornstarch into cooking juices.
Stir until well blended; salt and pepper, to taste.
Microwave sauce on ‘MAXIMUM’ for 2 to 3 minutes, until creamy.
Pour sauce all over fish rolls.
If desired, arrange tiny boiled potatoes all around fish rolls; sprinkle all over with chopped parsley.
Enjoy delicious Chinese recipes with Bamboo Chinese.