See also Bamboo Chinese Poached Salmon
Ingredients For Poached Trout:
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] vegetable oil
- 1 to 3 pounds [454 g to 1,4 kg] fresh trout, whole or cut into fillets
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] sage
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 [5-ounce / 142-mL] can small clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] thyme
- 12 stuffed olives, sliced
Pour vegetable oil into an 8 x 12-inch [20 x 30-cm] glass or ceramic dish; arrange trouts, whole or fillets, side-by-side, into dish.
Sprinkle fish with salt, parsley and sage.
Sprinkle all over with lemon juice.
Drain clams, pouring juices over trout; reserve clams.
Sprinkle with thyme.
Cover dish with a lid or waxed paper; microwave for 6 to 12 minutes on ‘MEDIUM-MAXIMUM’, according to the thickness of the trouts or of the fillets.
Leave to cool; delicately drain fish, reserving broth, without moving the fish.
Refrigerate fish and cooking broth separately.
Just before serving, prepare sauce: mix together reserved clams and olive slices.
Pour in just enough fish cooking broth to get a light sauce.
Pour clam sauce all over fish.
Enjoy delicious Chinese recipes with Bamboo Chinese.