See also Bamboo Chinese Poached Salmon
Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 l/2 pounds [680 g] halibut or sole fillets
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chicken broth or white wine
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] tarragon or basil
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] Dijon mustard
- 1 cup [250 mL] freshly chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 g] sugar
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] paprika
Directions For The Dish:
Wipe dry fish fillets with paper toweling.
Half each fillet lengthwise; roll fillets separately.
Melt butter in a round 9-inch [23-cm], for 1 minute on ‘MAXIMUM’.
Pour in chicken broth or white wine; mix in garlic, tarragon or basil, Dijon mustard, tomatoes and sugar.
Cover; microwave on ‘MAXIMUM’ for 5 minutes; mix well.
Arrange fish rolls side-by-side into a microwave-safe dish; pour sauce all over.
Microwave on ‘MEDIUM-MAXIMUM’ for 8 minutes, coating fish with cooking juices after the first 4 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish rolls onto a warm plate; cover.
Mix cream and paprika into cooking juices.
Mix well; microwave on ‘MAXIMUM’ for 4 minutes, stirring once.
Pour sauce all over fish rolls and serve.
Enjoy delicious Chinese recipes with Bamboo Chinese.